What's New for 2020
- We will be adding a second entrance to the exhibition hall in the San Diego Convention Center which will take advantage of the multiple entrances and increased multi-directional attendee traffic flow to and from the conference hotels. More sponsorship opportunities will be available for the expanded space!
- We’ve made a change to the scientific tracks of the conference based on attendee feedback, industry trends and industry demand. The High-Definition Biotechnology track is now the Precision Medicine Technologies track to better encompass the molecular, biochemical, bioengineering, and bioinformatic strategies in disease biology, diagnostics, screening and translational medicine. The session will emphasize the application of state-of-the-art, quantitative, high-throughput and high-resolution approaches to both cellular models and complex tissues.
- We will be charging a fee for Exhibition-Only attendees at SLAS2020 so as not to burden our generous exhibitors with rising convention center costs, and to better reflect the educational opportunities and high value of the exhibition experience. Not only do attendees get access to the 300+ vendors/suppliers, they also have the opportunity to:
- visit the scientific poster presentations and talk to the presenters;
- hear Solutions Spotlight, Ignite Award and Ignite Academic Research presentations in the Exhibition Theater;
- get the scoop on the New Product Award winners, and
- take advantage of lunches, beverage breaks and receptions.
- We will be offering sponsorship opportunities to non-exhibitors in 2020. All SLAS2020 exhibitors will be given first right to our published and negotiated sponsorship opportunities.
- We are working to improve the lunch options at SLAS2020, without negatively impacting our overall budget. We know that convention center box lunches are not the highlight of any conference but they are a necessary part of a long day on the exhibition floor!